So as we head back home to California, fully-packed car and probably a few added pounds on the ole' waistline from all the fried foods, i have to say we had a pretty good trip (albeit short)!
Learned some new things on this trip and i wanted to shared in case you or someone you know whats to do the sale sometime:
- pack a hand sanitizer or better yet, baby wipes-the dirt and shopping and heat...you'll thank yourself later.
- one way people know you are from out of town: using too many syllables when saying the towns you have been to/going to. take out a few or just limit everything to one (practice makes perfect!)
- Tennessee seems to be the best for shopping and deals, but Kentucky the best for food and adventure-gotta thank Ricks White Light Diner and bourbon for that!
- buy linens for packing and ask local businesses for boxes: saves you $ and you get to keep the packing material too!
- if you are driving, be prepared to find something big and having to move stuff around. we had this great rack on top with a bag-thingie that collapsed where we put out bags and boxed items in...PS: dont pack to much for the trip-this isnt a fashion show-you can look good when you get home!
- Holiday Inn Express: such a good deal for what you get. i am all for the small hotels (Jordan Motel in Jamestown is awesome), but if you want all the basic necessities for a decent price-AND need free, fast internet, this can't be beat. they also have a pool, washing machines, and the rooms are super cold (oh and they have HBO in case you are a fan of True Blood and don't want to miss)....they are in MOST locations on 127-but not all.
- lastly: if you do visit any of the places on 127 sale or not, try to do a review on Yelp-most places have 1 review if any at all and it could really help other out of towners figuring things out.
- to see my other tips from last year, click HERE
One of the many things i like from the trip are the cute signs i see while we travel, some funky, some homemade, but all as unique and fun as this trip is to me, here are some of my favorites:
(this is actually a doormat, now at our house!)
Can't wait till next year!