(image from NY Times magazine)EGGS BAKED IN CREAM
Read a great little article in this week's NY Times Magazine on the Soul Food Farm in Northern California that raises high-quality eggs and chickens to food restaurants like Chez Panisse. Soul Food recently started a CSA program and the article also covers the ups & downs of putting meaningful food to the table. One of the recipes was perfect for the leeks and herb in our CSA.
(from Camino via NY Times Magazine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced leeks, light green and white parts only
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 large farm-fresh egg
- About 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- Grilled or toasted bread slices
Crack the egg into the middle of the dish. Add enough half-and-half to barely cover the white. Sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Cook until the white is set, 8 to 12 minutes. Serve with grilled or toasted bread.